State Enterprise „National Center of Alcoholic Beverages Testing” (hereinafter – Center) was created, and to execute the Governmental Decision from 13.09.2006 nr.1056 of some verification measures for optimizing system of alcoholic beverages quality testing, order of Agro industrial Agency „Moldova-Vin” nr.73 from 10/03/2006 regarding some steps to optimize system of alcoholic beverages quality testing, as a successor to the Center for Quality Testing of Prime-Materials and Wine-Production saving organizational-juridical form.
History of Center began in December 1946 when the first wine-testing laboratory was created, which worked successfully in further period:
- Central Laboratory Brach (Moldglavvino 1949-1958);
- Central Laboratory Branch (Sovnarhoz 1958-1965);
- Central Laboratory Branch (Moldvinprom 1965-1972, Gosagroprom 1972-1989);
- On the Base of Central Laboratory Branch was created Republic Center for Quality Testing of Wine Products (1989-1993);
- Center for Quality Testing of Prime-Materials and Wine-Products (1993-2006);
- State Enterprise „National Center for Quality Testing of Alcoholic Beverages” (2006-present).
Currently, Center functions at: Chisinau, Codru, str.Grenoble 128 „U”, in a separate building with total area 1466.8 sq.m.
The Activity of the Center
- Testing of alcoholic beverages for export and for sale in the local market assessing quality and safety indexes according requirements of Republic of Moldova and importing-country;
- Certification of alcoholic beverages for export and for sale in the local market;
- Quality and safety control of alcohol production and import of adjuvant materials for use in the wine industry and other branches of the wine-making domain;
- Certification of alcoholic products and import materials for use in the wine industry and other branches of the wine-making domain;
- Quality and safety control of alcoholic beverages, taken by department of control and supervision over alcoholic beverages;
- Arbitrage testing of alcoholic beverages;
- Methodological assistance for companies in quality control and implementation of new methods of analysis;
- Elaboration, review and implementation of technical documentation;
- Implementation of methods of analysis for quality and safety control of alcoholic beverages in accordance with European and international practice;
- Quality control and technical analysis, and other activities and services not included in other categories.
- Development and technical competitiveness base on existing equipment maintenance, their upgrading and purchasing new equipment, which corresponds modern requirements for testing alcoholic beverages;
- Development of staff resources: increasing competitiveness by applying the following personnel actions: internal weekly training courses organized by Center staff and invited specialists, participation in seminars, conferences and external training courses; invitation of foreign specialists, etc.;
- Confirmation of technical competence and independence of testing laboratory and certification service by accrediting in National system of conformity assessment and in international systems;
- Maintaining quality management system SM SR EN ISO/CEI 17025:2006, SM SR EN ISO/CEI 17065:2013;
- Broadening the range of services to enterprises, such as: organizing trainings for staff in testing laboratories of enterprisers in wine-making industry; elaboration of normative documents (technical regulations, standards,..) with other organizations (Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment, Scientific Institute of Horticulture and Food Technologies, etc.);
- Customer satisfaction through continuous optimization of testing and certification systems: information about changes in quality requirements for production in exporting countries; simplification of certification procedures;
- Reducing the cost of certification;
- Ensuring quality of services according requirements by Quality Management System;
- Efficient management of the enterprise; improving management of persons responsible for the Enterprise Management (management, accounting, office-managers,..) highlighting the positive and negative trends regarding the business, market expansion, attracting new customers, etc..;
- Creating appropriate conditions for staff; promoting of staff initiatives; promoting of young staff; ensuring a decent wage and work properly.